AACS will make an independent decision related to inclement weather closings, but will fully consider Anne Arundel County’s decision to close or delay openings.
Faculty, staff, parents and students will be notified via text and email of any closings or changes to the schedule before school starts. Any unanticipated early dismissals, delayed openings, or closings will be communicated via text. Changes to the school-day schedule will be posted on the AACS website homepage as a popup after the K-12 community has been notified via email or text if warranted.
- Texts of schedule changes are sent through the Veracross portal (Update your cell phone information!)
- Emails of schedule changes are sent through the Veracross portal (Update your contact information!)
- Notice will be posted to the AACS Website, as well posted to the school's Instagram and Facebook accounts.
In the event of a delayed opening:
- AACS will not provide before-school care.
- Bus schedules will adjust accordingly to sync with delayed-start time.
If AACS has an emergency early dismissal:
- A text will be sent to all parents (Make sure your cell phone is listed correctly in Veracross.)
- After-school care will not be provided. Parents will need to pick up their children at the time of early dismissal.
- Bus schedules will adjust accordingly to sync with early-dismissal time.