Plan for Longer Shipping TimesSince Covid-19, Lands'End has worked to ensure employees remain healthly. Therefore, turn around times might increase because of social distancing. Please be aware of the possibility of longer shipping times. Lands'End is requesting that you place your school uniform orders as soon as possible to ensure that they arrive in time.
Uniforms & Dress CodesUniforms are one of the least expensive ways to dress students for school while building student unity and school spirit. The AACS Uniform Program is designed to be affordable, easily and consistently enforced, and to provide parents with convenience as they purchase uniforms. Our Uniform Program represents a consistent style, modest dress, and similar appearance across all three campuses.
Our uniform supplier is LANDS' END, which offers convenient online ordering. You must create an account to order school uniforms for Annapolis Area Christian School.
When you visit the LANDS' END website you will need to select the Student's Grade and Gender to see what uniforms are approved for the appropriate grade levels.
Order uniforms in 4 easy steps.
The AACS Preferred School Number is 900167743.
Here is a quick reference size card to help you get the right fit for your child.
Having trouble finding a uniform that fits? The Lands' End Fit Guide helps you best size for your child. Please note that all hemlines must not be any higher than 4” above the top of the knee cap.
A helpful customer care specialist is always just a click or call away. Call 1-800-963-4816.
- AACS Required Face Masks
- Lower School Uniform Code
- Middle School Uniform Code
- Upper School Uniform Code
- Upper & Middle School PE Uniform Requirement
- AACS Used Uniform Store at the MS
- Lands' End Used Uniform Sale Evenings at the US
Lower School Dress Code
To ensure a neat appearance and simplicity, lower school students are expected to dress according to the dress code as outlined below. Shirts are to be tucked in at all times and pants should be able to stay up under normal activity. All clothing should be neat, clean, and not have any holes. Hair should be cut neatly and boys’ hair should be kept above the shirt collar. Students should avoid extreme hair styles such as mohawks or similar styles, dyed hair, or lines and patterns styles. Jewelry should be age-appropriate and kept to a minimum. Earrings on girls are the only piercings permitted on campus.
Students who are out of dress will be given a warning. Repeated infractions will result in students being sent to the office to call their parent(s) to come to school to bring proper attire. Students who are consistently out of dress could call into question their standing at AACS and could therefore forfeit their position at the School.
Boys and Girls:
- LANDS’ END White/lt. blue long or short sleeve Polo shirts with logo
- White turtlenecks (worn with sweater or jumper only)
- White plain undershirts
- LANDS’ END Navy v-neck sleeveless vest with logo
- LANDS’ END Navy v-neck sweater with logo
- LANDS’ END or AACS Eagles’ Nest Navy fleece jacket with full zipper with Logo
- LANDS’ END Navy sweatshirt with uniform shirt or white turtleneck under
- Any navy poly cotton Docker-style pants
- LANDS’ END Navy walking length shorts
- Black or brown (or dark) leather belt (optional unless waist does not fit)
- Solid navy, brown, white or black socks suggested (socks should not be a distraction)
- Any athletic shoe (no wheels or lights, no boots in the classroom)
- Any black, navy, or brown leather shoe
Girls: (In addition to the above)
- White Peter Pan collar (long/short sleeve) with jumper only
- LAND’S END Navy Long or Short Sleeve Polo Dress
- LANDS’ END Navy crew neck cardigan
- LANDS’ END Navy skort
- LANDS’ END (new purchases) or previous supplier (past purchases) Plaid drop waist jumper
- Navy legging, full length to ankle under jumper in winter only Navy/white hose/tights
Casual days/Jeans days are usually scheduled for the first Friday of each month that we are in session. Blue jeans, khakis, and casual pants may be worn along with casual shirts, sweaters, or sweatshirts and footwear. Clothing must not have holes or tears or bear any offensive messages or pictures and must fit properly according to our guidelines. Uniform shorts or shorts at least as long (knee length) as the uniform shorts are permitted. No short shorts. Casual day is a privilege; please treat it that way. Students who are non-compliant will lose this privilege.
AACS Middle School believes that a uniform code should help students glorify God by dressing in a modest, unpretentious manner; create an attitude of seriousness about our purpose and the academic day; minimize the social stratification often highlighted by style and type of dress; and train students to exhibit obedience to authority even in the mundane elements of dress.
As such, students will need to wear the school uniform daily to and from school as outlined in this section, and on all school field trips unless otherwise specified. Students are expected to be fully in uniform upon arrival at school. The student’s conformity to the dress code is primarily the responsibility of the student and the home. AACS’ administration reserves the right to make the final determination on any matter involving the appropriateness of student dress/grooming.
If a student is found to be out of dress code, the teacher will issue that student a uniform referral specifying the uniform infraction. These referrals are sent to the office and are handled by the Dean of Students.
- First Referral - Verbal reprimand and immediate requirement to comply
- Second Referral - Parents notified
- Third Referral - Lunch detention
- Subsequent referrals - after school detention or further disciplinary action
If, in the opinion of the school, a student’s uniform infraction is significant enough to be a hindrance to the learning environment, the school reserves the right to withhold the student from class and/or require a student to go home and change clothes.
All items below that are labeled as “LANDS’ END” must be purchased from their online store.
- LANDS’ END white/navy long or short sleeved polo shirt with school logo (boys’ shirts tucked in)
- LANDS’ END white/light blue short or long sleeved oxford with school logo (both boys’ and girls shirts must be tucked in)
- White undershirt
- LANDS’ END navy V-neck sleeveless sweater, sweater vest, or cardigan with school logo
- LANDS’ END navy half zip or full zipper fleece with school logo
- A uniform top must be worn under sweaters or fleece
- LANDS’ END khaki slacks or shorts (must include a black or brown leather, or khaki-colored cloth belt for boys)
- LANDS’ END khaki skort (hemline must not be any higher than 4” above the top of the knee cap)
- Neutral, sold navy blue or white hose, tights can be worn under the skort, not alone
- Oxfords, loafers, brown or black
- Athletic shoes
- No flip-flops, slides, sandals, platform shoes, open-backed sandals, or boots
General Dress/Grooming Reminders
- Uniforms should be in good condition and fit properly, as we want students’ appearance to speak to the seriousness with which we take their education.
- Students are not allowed to wear jackets or sweatshirts during the school day. This includes school jackets and sweatshirts other than the fleece listed above
- Students are not to write or draw in their skin, shoes, or clothing.
- Hair should be cut and/or styled neatly; both boys and girls should avoid extreme hair styles. In particular, boys’ hair should be kept above the collar, should not extend over 4 inches from the top of the scalp, and should not in any way block one’s face.
- Dyed hair of a natural color is permitted
- Hats are not appropriate attire for the academic setting and are not permitted during the school day except on special occasions (i.g., Spirit Month)
- Jewelry and make-up should be kept to a minimum and should not draw undue attire
- Earrings on girls are the only piercings permitted on campus; boys are not permitted to wear earrings, and will be made to remove them rather than attempt to cover them up
These uniforms can be accessed through LANDS’ END as well. Remember these items are mandatory for each student taking PE or Fitness class in either semester. Students should be prepared to wear their PE uniforms during physical education/fitness class on the first day that the class meets.
Uniform Supplier Information
AACS Uniform Supplier is LANDS’ END. To access AACS’ online uniform store, visit their website, then click the “uniforms” tab, then create an account profile. From there you’ll type in the name of our school, enter info on the age and gender of your student, and then shop in our customized LANDS’ END school store. The AACS Preferred School Number is 900167743.
Casual Days (Jeans Days)
Casual Days (Jeans Days) are usually scheduled for the first Friday of the month that we are in session. Jeans, khakis, capris, and casual pants may be worn along with casual shirts, sweaters, and sweatshirts and footwear.
Clothing must not have holes or tears or bear any offensive messages or pictures and must fit properly according to our guidelines. Only uniform shorts are allowed on casual days. Sweat pants and warm-up pants are not allowed for casual days. Students should remember that casual days are a privilege and should treat it that way.
Dress Up Days
Occasionally, we will have certain school days designed as “dress-up days.” We expect students’ dress to be more “formal” than they would appear in the school uniform. Proper fitting tea-length skirts (just below the knee) or dresses with modest necklines are appropriate for girls. Dress slacks for girls are also allowed. Blouses need to be long enough to be tucked in so that the midriff is appropriately covered. Boys should wear dress pants or uniform shorts and dress shirts or polos. Jeans, shorts, and t-shirts are not allowed.
Blue & Gold Days
Throughout the school year AACS will have Blue and Gold dress up days to promote school spirit. Students are allowed to wear AACS gear as well as any other blue or yellow/gold clothes. Students should still follow school guidelines and not wear tights or legging, short shorts, or ripped clothing. While students are not required to go over the top, it must be obvious that the student is participating in the Blue and Gold dress up day in order to be out of uniform. Students that would rather not participate should wear their school uniform.
Spirit Days Dress Code
The Student Council will set the guidelines for the spirit days throughout the year during Homecoming and Spirit Month. Students must follow these guidelines or be in their school uniform. No matter what, students may not wear the following items during Spirit Days:
- Tights or leggings (unless worn under skirts, dresses or shorts)
- Short skirts/dresses or shorts
- Clothing with holes or tears
- Clothing that has any offensive messages or pictures on it
If a student does not follow the Spirit Day guidelines, they may be asked to change into a school uniform and possibly lose their privilege to dress up in the future.
On and Off-Campus School Events
When classes, teams, musical groups, etc., travel as representatives of AACS, the administration/coaches are responsible for setting a standard of dress appropriate for the occasion.
Appropriate dress for after-school athletics practices is expected. The coaches and athletics director will monitor this. Boys must wear shirts at all times during and after school.
Uniforms and Dress Days
The uniform code is one means of helping create and maintain healthy community. We believe that a uniform code should help students glorify God by dressing in a modest, unpretentious manner; create an attitude of seriousness about our purpose and the academic day; minimize the social stratification often highlighted by style and type of dress; and train students to exhibit obedience to authority even in the mundane elements of dress.
If a student is found to be out of dress code, the teacher will issue that student a uniform referral specifying the uniform infraction. The infraction is inputted into Veracross to notify the parent. While the referral itself is to be used as a reminder for students, the receipt of three uniform referrals (and then subsequent referrals) will warrant a detention. If, in the opinion of the school, a student’s uniform infraction is significant enough to be a hindrance to the learning environment, the school reserves the right to withhold the student from class and/or require a student to go home and change clothes.
All items below that are labeled as “LANDS’ END” must be purchased from their online store.
• LANDS’ END white/navy short or long sleeved polo shirt with logo (boys’ shirts tucked in)
• LANDS’ END white/light blue short or long sleeved oxford with logo (both boys & girls shirts must be tucked in)
• White or Navy Blue undershirt; undershirts should be no longer than the upper wear they are being worn under.
• LANDS’ END navy V-neck sleeveless sweater, sweater vest, or cardigan with logo
• LANDS’ END school uniform chino pants (must include a black or brown leather, or khaki- colored cloth, belt for boys)
• LANDS’ END khaki chino and plaid skort (top-of-the-knee or below-the-knee length); hemline must not be any higher than 4” above the top of the knee cap; the plaid skorts with side pleats are no longer a part of the AACS uniform.
No Longer AACS Uniform
Acceptable Uniform Skort
- Solid white, black, neutral, or navy socks/hose/tights for both boys and girls (For girls only: If socks are worn with tights, socks must be same color as tights.)
• LANDS’ END navy fleece jacket, vest, half zip; rain jacket; or insulated vest with logo
• AACS approved team/club jackets (There will be ONE approved jacket for each club/team that chooses to have one; these approved jackets will be made clear to faculty, students, and parents. No other jackets may be worn during the school day unless an exception is granted due to extreme weather). Outer wear may not be tied around the waist, used a shawl, or used in any manner other than properly wearing it.
• Any black or brown, leather, low-heeled oxford or loafer shoe: NO boots, sneakers, tennis shoes, athletic shoes, or canvas shoes permitted.
General Dress/Grooming Reminders
• Each student’s ID card must be visible at all times whether hanging from a lanyard or clipped on their clothing or belt.
• Upper School students are expected to adhere to the uniform code at all times during the school day. All uniform clothing must be in good condition and fit properly, as we want students’ appearance to speak to the seriousness with which we take their education. Students must adhere to the following general dress/grooming guidelines:
- Hair should be cut and/or styled neatly; both boys and girls should avoid extreme hair style (e.g., mohawks, insignia cut into hair). In particular, boys’ hair should be kept above the collar, should not extend over 4 inches from the top of the scalp, and should not in any way block one’s face. Dyed hair of a natural color is permitted.
- Facial hair on males should be neat and trimmed.
- Hats are not appropriate attire for the academic setting and are not permitted during the school day except on special occasions (e.g., Spirit Week).
- Jewelry and make-up should be kept to a minimum and should not draw undue attention. Earrings on girls are the only piercings permitted on campus; guys are not permitted to wear earrings, and will be made to remove them rather than attempt to cover them up.
AACS’ administration reserves the right to make the final determination on any matter involving the appropriateness of student dress/grooming.
Physical Education Uniform
Both the Middle School and Upper School require a Physical Education uniform. These uniforms, like our AACS uniform, will be purchased from Land’s End, and can be purchased on the AACS’ online uniform store described above. Remember these items are mandatory for each student taking a PE class in either semester. Students should be prepared to wear their PE uniforms on the first day that the PE / health class meets.
All middle and upper school students will be required to wear this prescribed clothing daily in PE, along with sneakers and socks. Wearing the required PE uniform will be factored into the “participation” component that is part of the physical education grade.
Lands' End is your one-stop shop for all AACS uniform clothing. The official P.E. uniform AND school-day attire (K-12) are exclusively available from Lands' End.
SquadLocker P.E. uniforms from the 2018-2019 which were allowed to be worn for the 2019-20 school year are now retired.
NOTE: Grades K-5 do not wear P.E. uniforms.
AACS Used Uniform Store at the MS
The school's K-12 used uniform store, located at the Middle School, is open throughout the summer. It's the place to buy gently used uniforms for a fraction of the price of a new uniform.
Summer Hours are 9:00 am -1:00 pm Monday through Friday, during June, July and August. From August 8 to August 24, the store is open Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. During the school year, the store is open from 8:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. Monday through Friday except for school holidays and faculty/staff professional development days.
Middle School Office: 410-846-3506
The uniform closet at the US will remain closed until further notice.
The school's 9-12 grade used uniform store, located at the Upper School, is usually open on certain planned dates and times. However, due to the current COVID19 pandemic, it will remain closed until further notice.
Kilby Athletic Center Atrium
Upper School Campus
109 Burns Crossing Road
To be announced
- Lands' End adult sizes only
- Jackets, pants, skorts, polo shirts, and more
- Cash or check only, no exchanges
- Proceeds benefit AACS