Thank you for your interest in Annapolis Area Christian School. AACS is a multi-campus school with four locations in Anne Arundel County. We have been serving Maryland families for 51 years, providing an excellent, distinctively Christian education from Kindergarten through 12th grade. Many parents prefer to pursue Christian education for their children; students receive a faith-based curriculum that provides a solid Christian foundation along with excellent academic programs. We offer small class sizes so your child receives as much attention as he or she needs to succeed; we also nurture our students’ physical, social, and spiritual needs to prepare them for everything the world has to offer.
Our administration believes in producing well-rounded individuals; we encourage excellent academic performance along with strong character development in a loving but disciplined environment that produces unparalleled results. If you want your child to receive a rigorous education that encourages hard work, generosity, and unwavering faith, look into a Christian education at Annapolis Area Christian School.
Flip through our 2022 K-12th grade online view book
AACS partners with Christian families who are specifically seeking to provide their children with an excellent education from a biblical worldview. This is a unique aspect of our school that greatly impacts our school culture. Our admission policies are designed to help parents and the school ensure that an effective partnership or covenant is formed so that a consistent message can be modeled and taught to the child in the home, church, and school. At least one parent should be an active believer and follower of Jesus Christ, and must agree with our Statement of Faith. Review our statement of faith and our Foundation and Beliefs.
Applications for admissions are all online. The date your application is fully complete, with all required documentation and a non-refundable application fee paid, is ONE of the factors that goes into the final admissions decision. We encourage early applications.
Deadlines for 2023-24 applications:
- Applications Open on October 1, 2022 for the 2023-2024 school year.
- January 31, 2023, is our Standard Application Deadline.
- February 1, 2023, begins our open enrollment admissions. During this timeframe, all completed and accepted applications are reviewed and considered at the end of each month. Acceptances are sent out to fill any remaining seats.
For the application to be considered fully complete, you will need the following documentation:
- Completed online application including application fee. Applications are not processed until the $100 application fee is paid (except for alumni children). This fee is non-refundable.
- Copy of birth certificate is required for K5 and 1st grade Applicants.
- Christian Life Recommendation Form This form should be completed by your pastor, a member of your church's pastoral staff or ministry leader, Bible study leader, or by someone who has been a Christian / spiritual life mentor or leader in your life (excluding relatives). It can be filled out online or printed and mailed in.
- Student's transcript/record of achievement (at least two years of information: report cards, standardized test results and other professional records, such as testing, counseling, special education (i.e. Individual Education Plan, etc.). Kindergarten students are exempt.
- Teacher Recommendation Forms - Please have two letters of recommendation written by teachers (preferably from core class teachers). These can be sent directly to the teachers from your Admission portal by entering and submitting their name and email address.
The Admission Office will call you to schedule the following:
- Parent Interview with member of the Admission Committee
- Student Interview for students (grades 6 - 12)
- Admission Testing MAY be required. Talk to your admissions representative to find out what standardized tests we accept in place of our own test. Note that we do accept the ISEE (Independent School Entrance Exam), MAP, HSPT, TerraNova, and PSAT.
If your son or daughter is placed in our Waiting Pool, we will stay in close contact. We review all applications and available seats regularly and will call and email when and if a seat becomes open.
Enrollment information is sent shortly after acceptance letters. Students are considered to be fully enrolled once the following steps are completed.
- Online enrollment packet is filled out and signed.
- A non-refundable enrollment fee of $400 and non-refundable tuition deposit of $600 are paid online. The tuition deposit goes towards your upcoming tuition balance.
- Online FACTS registration is set up for chosen payment plan.
Health forms are also required during enrollment:
- State of Maryland Health Inventory
- State of Maryland Immunization Certificate
- State of Maryland Vaccination Requirements for School Children
Admission Office Hours: 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., Monday through Friday
Summer Hours: 9:00 a.m. till 1:00 p.m., Monday through Friday