Hear what we are focusing on at AACS and where we are working to grow and improve.
Episode #3 Culture of Learning at the Lower Schools with AACS Head of School Chad Dirkse, Severn Lower School Principal Karl Graustein and Annapolis Lower School Principal Elizabeth Williams:
- What are you passionate about and what do you love about your school?
- How do we work to understand students so we can best meet their educational needs?
- What role do parents play in our school and in how we work with our students?
- What role does community building play in the education of a student?
- What areas are you laser-focused on and where are there opportunities for growth?
Episode #2 Culture of Learning at the Middle School with AACS Head of School Chad Dirkse and Middle School Principal Ben Peddicord:
- What are the themes that frame each grade in the Middle School?
- How does AACS Middle School prepare students to lead in a complicated world?
- How do students see the level of importance AACS places on the building relationships with and among students?
- How is Middle School preparing students to be bearers of God's image?
- How are AACS students prepared for challenging high school curriculum?
Episode #1 Culture of Learning at the Upper School with AACS Head of School Chad Dirkse and Upper School Principal Dave Intlekofer:
- How do students experience our commitment to spiritual formation?
- How are we ensuring instructional excellence across subjects?
- What does faculty development look like?
- How do we build community within our student population?
Spiritual formation and discipleship that equips students to know the love of Jesus Christ in ways that surpass knowledge so they can be filled up with the fullness of God.
Challenging curricular and co-curricular programs that stretch students and allow them to grow through their successes and their failures.
Daily school encounters where students are safe, connected, and feel a strong sense of belonging.