Board Member Nomination
The nominating committee is seeking to build a board that will keep our school grounded in its mission, thinking strategically about the future, and serving our families with an excellent education in the name of Christ. To that end, the nominating committee is seeking your help to identify prospective nominees for the AACS Board of Directors.
If you would like to submit a name for consideration, please complete the electronic form below. A copy of the file will be sent to the nomination committee, and also to you. If you have any questions, please email Karyn Butler.
- Inform the candidate that you are submitting his/her name and confirm his/her agreement.
- Preferably, candidates should be nominated by someone else, rather than self-nominated.
- A person must be a member of the AACS Association to be considered for nomination.
- A person whose immediate family member is a current AACS Board member or who serves full-time on the faculty, staff, or administration may not serve on the board.
By completing this form, you are acknowledging that you are indeed an AACS Association Member. If you are not, and would like to be, please contact Karyn Butler.
I. Board Member Profile
The nominating committee of the board seeks individuals who demonstrate credible evidence of:
- A confession of faith to Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord.
- Subscribing to the Statement of Faith in Article II of the Constitution, as well as supporting the mission and vision of the school.
- Modeling the elder like character consistent with the biblical perspective set forth in I Timothy and Titus.
- Being a qualified member of the AACS Association
- Being willing to donate time, treasure, and talent to AACS.
- Being an independent thinker and yet work harmoniously with others.
- Being active in a church whose fundamental beliefs align with our Statement of Faith.
- Following a Biblical process of reconciliation when there is conflict (Matt. 18).
II. Board Profile
The ideal AACS Board as a whole:
- Provides spiritual leadership to the school, and seeks God’s will for the direction of the school.
- Is a diverse group including, ethnicity, age, gender, and vocation.
- Is a mix of both affiliated and non-affiliated members.*
- Does not represent a specific group within the school but the school as a whole.
- Is active and engaged in the life of the school.
- Represents a wide range of vocations that meets the needs of the board.
*Affiliated members- defined as members who have some affiliation to the school (I.E. current parents, former parents or alum). Current faculty & staff are excluded from consideration. Non affiliated members- defined as individuals with no prior affiliation to the school.