Influential Christian Faculty and Staff
It is not an exaggeration to say that a great teacher can change a student’s life. As some of the most influential role models in a student’s life, teachers are responsible for more than just academic enrichment. At Annapolis Area Christian School we are very careful about who we hire for these important and influential roles. For all faculty and staff positions we hire only those who are masters in their field and who have a vibrant Christian testimony and a personal commitment to Christian education. Our faculty and staff must also share an enthusiasm for and alignment with our Core Values:
- Visible Faith: Our faith is not just what we say we believe; it is evident in our actions, attitudes, and relationships, which reflect our dependence on God and His faithfulness to us. We are confident in the truth of the gospel and God’s promises.
- Courageous Humility: A right understanding of ourselves and our position frees us to humbly act with courage. We live out a confidence that is rooted in our identity in Christ and give God the glory for success.
- Healthy Discontent: We desire and strive to participate in Christ’s work of renewal, both in the world and in ourselves. We thrive in an atmosphere of iron sharpening iron and cultivate an atmosphere conducive to growth and learning.
- Steadfast Joy: God has shown His goodness to us in Christ and our joy is permanently rooted in Him, not in circumstances or emotions. Because of Jesus, we can be joyful in hope and patient in affliction, even in the most difficult situations.
Teachers provide the "living curriculum," by sharing their own lives with students, lives that embody the Christlikeness we hope our graduates will also take to heart. AACS parents greatly value the influence of the faculty and staff as the testimonials below clearly show.
- Cindy, Mother of AACS Graduate
- Laura, Mother of Middle School Students
- Brad, Father of Upper School Student
- Cherise, Mother of Upper School Student
My daughter's teacher has done a great job in Honors Geometry to challenge my daughter while not overwhelming her. She loves that she can engage in legitimate debate in her classes about topics from a biblical perspective with no topic being "taboo." She loves that the goal in those classroom debates is to shine the light of Christ on whatever issue is before them.
For more testimonials see our testimonials page.