Severn Lower School
The AACS Severn Lower School campus was founded in 2014. It has been a joy to see our campus expand each year and to serve families in the area.
My name is Karl Graustein, and I am the principal at our Severn Lower School. It is a blessing to serve on the AACS team. I have worked in Christian schools for over 30 years, and I have a passion for seeing boys and girls grow in their love for Jesus, recognize and develop their gifts, and learn and sharpen their minds.
My wife, Jen, and I have three children, and we have seen firsthand the power of a Christian education. We want our children to love the Lord with all their heart, soul, mind, and strength. We want them to think biblically and live all out for Jesus. We love how AACS helps us accomplish this with our three, two of whom are now AACS alumni, and our youngest graduating in 2024.
Christian schooling allows us to front-load our children's faith. Seven hours a day, more than 1,000 hours a year, our children learn in a Christian environment. They study the Bible. They learn about Jesus. They see God's handwork in science and history. They see God's order in math and his creativity and beauty in art and music. Ultimately they learn to think and live in a way that honors Him. Each day, each month, each year they learn from the godly teachers and staff, and they become better equipped to make a difference for Christ.
If you are near the SLS, please stop by for a tour and to introduce yourself to me. Click here for information on visiting our campus. If you know a family in the area who would like to learn more about us, please encourage them to contact the admissions office.
Our school offers a robust curriculum and many opportunities for academic advancement, but getting a Christian education offers added value for multiple reasons. Our students benefit in a number of ways:
- Biblical Worldview: Since we incorporate our faith into the academic curriculum, our students will develop a Christian worldview through the course of the year. They will have the opportunity to grow in their faith through discussion with their peers and faculty.
- Character Development: We instill Christian values every day through our academics, athletics, and extracurricular options. Students will learn faith, discipline, and other excellent attributes.
- Role Models: Our qualified and experienced staff is made up of exemplary role models from whom your child can take all kinds of life lessons. We believe in surrounding every child with guiding figures to help them grow into their potential.
- Smaller Class Sizes: Since Christian lower schools tend to be more exclusive, we can offer smaller class sizes and more individualized attention for each student, helping your child succeed academically and socially.
- Bible Class: Bible classes aim to develop basic biblical literacy in children. Children learn they are made in the image of God, are loved by Him, and are made for a purpose. They begin to understand the meaning of “worldview.”