Reporting to the Chief Advancement Officer (CAO), the Director of Marketing and Communications will plan and guide the strategy for all communications, marketing, website, and public relations messages to meet desired goals while consistently articulating the AACS brand. The Director will also assist with additional advancement efforts including admissions, fundraising, event planning, grant writing, and public relations.
- Develop, implement, and evaluate the annual communications and marketing plan in collaboration with the CAO.
- Mentor and lead the Assistant Director of Marketing & Media, providing oversight for all online content (including website), advertisement development, and the development, distribution and maintenance of all print and electronic marketing materials including profiles, newsletters, brochures, annual reports, and video production.
- In partnership with the CAO, develops, distributes, and maintains all print and electronic materials for fundraising purposes including, but not limited to, campaign materials, brochures, the Anchorage Magazine, and newsletters.
- Ensure that new, accurate, and consistent information (article links, stories, and events) is posted regularly to the website.
- Manage all media contacts.
- Attend and actively participate in all admissions open house events, fundraising events, and AACS community-wide events.
- Working closely with the CAO, helps to identify, cultivate, build relationships, and communicate with donor and prospective donors.
- Assists in creating donor recognition efforts both internally and externally.
- Provide administrative support for the Advancement Committee, such as recording minutes of meetings, and reminder phone calls and emails for meetings and tasks.
AACS is seeking a well-rounded experienced Director of Advancement Marketing & Communications who has at least 3 years of directly related strategic level experience in communications, advancement, and marketing. The ability to take knowledge and transform it into exciting and useful messages, and disseminate it to the right audiences through the best distribution channels is critical. Other specific requirements include:
- Strong and visible faith in Christ
- Work experience with a Christian school, church, or non-profit community
- Bachelor’s Degree in communications, marketing, or a related field
- Highly collaborative style; experience developing and implementing communications strategies
- Excellent writing/editing and verbal communication skills
- A strong track record as an implementer who thrives on managing a variety of key initiatives concurrently
- Able to build strong relationships quickly
- Self-starter, able to work independently and also with a team; entrepreneurial; enjoys creating and implementing new initiatives