One of the primary goals at the Lower Schools is teaching kids how to be students of God's word, God's world, and each other. In order to get the best from their education, and from life, our goal is that kids become "Diligent DISCIPLES:"
- Do your best – and learn from your mistakes.
- Integrity – do what is right, even when no one is looking.
- Stewardship – make good use of all God has given you.
- Courtesy – good manners show your respect for others.
- Ignore distractions – keep little things little.
- Plan your time, your goals, and make things happen.
- Learn all you can – be curious and ask good questions.
- Encourage one another – you’re part of a team.
- Share what you have, what you know, and who you are – you are unique.
By the end of fifth grade, students should know the principles inside and out; considering them as they make choices in behavior and attitude, and putting them into practice not only at school, but everywhere they go.
On Wednesday, the Lower School students in Annapolis met with their DISCIPLE groups for their first meeting of the year. These are mixed aged groups with 5th graders as leaders and a teacher mentor. This week groups made a Fruit of the Spirit poster and learned hand motions for the nine fruits. In chapel they are exploring the nine Fruits of the Spirit for their theme this semester.